Student Accounts

The Music Boosters will periodically sponsor fundraisers which give music students an opportunity to earn money to apply toward their school-affiliated music expenses. Credits may be accumulated and will be carried over the time a student remains in the music program.

A list of student accounts is updated monthly (or more often, based on activity) and posted on the bulletin board in the band room. Students can check this list for their account total or contact the Student Accounts representative for the most up-to-date balance.

If you wish to use credits in your account to pay for music-department-related expenses, please fill out this form and return it to Mr. Buti or Mr. Carroll. A check will be made payable directly to the provider of the goods or services. Students cannot be reimbursed for prior purchases, nor can credits be withdrawn for personal spending money.

Student Account Transfer form

Unused funds will revert to the general treasury of the Music Boosters upon a student’s graduation or departure from the music program. Upon written request, unused credits may be transferred to a sibling who will be entering the music program within the following two years.

A student leaving the music program temporarily may request an extension of up to three semesters of their account. Funds may be transferred between Choral and Music Boosters student accounts at RMHS or between RMHS accounts and any identical student account at another District 214 school.

Student accounts are credit accounts, not savings accounts. Music Boosters are prohibited by the I.R.S. from giving funds directly to students or their parents. The accounts are set up and administered by the Music Boosters. All fundraising income credited to student accounts remains income to the respective “not-for-profit” booster organization and is therefore non-taxable. If funds were disbursed directly to a student, those funds would then represent taxable income to the student which we cannot set up or pay out.

Withdrawals from student accounts must be made by turning in the Student Account Transfer Form to Mr. Buti or Mr. Carroll. For account balance or other questions check the postings in the band or orchestra room or email

Home of the Rolling Meadows High School Music Program