This scholarship was set up to assist and award graduating seniors of the Rolling Meadows High School music program who have plans to continue their education at a community college or university after graduating from RMHS. Students do not have to be pursuing a major in music at the college level to qualify.
Each year, a committee will be formed and review the financial status of the Rolling Meadows High School Music Booster organization to determine if sufficient funds exist to provide one or more Spirit Scholarships for the coming year. If funds are available, the committee will solicit applications from eligible students and determine if any awards will be made. There will be no requirement that awards be given in any year nor will awards be limited to just one person if multiple applicants are found to be worthy in a given year. Awards will have no minimum level but the total amount of money issued will not exceed $500 per year and no more than two recipients.
|December||Committee determines fund availability|
|January||Students can begin to submit applications|
|Last weekday in April||Scholarship applications due|
|May||Scholarships awarded at the Spring Concert|
You can download and print an application.
Eligibility and Criteria
The Committee will review the submitted applications and make awards based on the following:
- Applicant must be graduating and in good academic standings and have participated in the music program for at least three years while at RMHS. This includes students involved in Orchestra, Color Guard, Concert Band, Jazz and Symphonic Band, Winter Color Guard, and Drum-line members.
- Applicants must have demonstrated a commitment to the Rolling Meadows High School music program while in school.
- Applicants should be those who have shown outstanding qualities of character during their involvement with the music program and exemplified the spirit of the Rolling Meadows High School music program.
- Applicants should have demonstrated personal qualities and dedication to the music program while enrolled at RMHS to which other music students can aspire such as dependability, cooperation, and initiative. These qualifications will be taken into account in the evaluation process.
- Applicants must be continuing on to a college, university, conservatory or junior college and provide proof of acceptance.
- Awards are for one year only and are not renewable.
- Parents must have volunteered for at least three events during student’s tenure at RMHS.
The Rolling Meadows High School Band Director coordinates the scholarship selection process in conjunction with a committee that includes the Rolling Meadows High School Band Directors, Fine Arts Coordinator, and three neutral members of the Rolling Meadows High School Music Boosters organization. The scholarship application process includes: completing an application and a brief 500-word (maximum) personal statement which includes:
- A description of how the applicant intends to utilize the scholarship money.
- How participation in the Rolling Meadows High School music program has had an impact on their educational experience, activities and personal life while at RMHS.
- A résumé of the applicant’s involvement in music while attending Rolling Meadows High School.
Turn all completed applications in to a music director. For more information on this and other scholarships, contact Mr. Buti or Mr. Carroll.
No late applications will be accepted.