Thanks to Ken Soens who points out the Chicago Tribune ran an article today on the Marching Mustangs performance at Wheeling High School this past weekend.
“Marching Mustangs Shine at 43rd Annual Chicagoland Marching Band Festival”
The Rolling Meadows High School Marching Mustangs started their competition season on Sept. 25 as they competed in the 43rd Annual Chicagoland Marching Band Festival at Wheeling High School. In Class AA, the RMHS ensemble captured several top awards, including 1st place–Best Color Guard, 1st place–Best Music, 2nd place–Best General Effect, and 2nd place Overall, narrowly missing 1st place by .05 of a point.
Continue reading Chicago Tribune: “Marching Mustangs Shine”
Remember to turn in your order forms and payments (checks made out to RMHS Music Boosters) to Mr. Buti by Friday, October 29.
Gift certificate and cheesecake pick-up will be from 5:30-7 pm on Tuesday, November 22 in the Commons.
Continue reading Manna Gift Card Sales Reminder
We’re on to St. Rita’s in Chicago on Sunday, October 3rd this coming weekend for our second competition where the Marching Mustangs are looking to capture their second title of the season.
St. Rita’s Marching Mustangs Schedule
St. Rita’s Competition Schedule
(If you did not receive an e-mail on Monday from the Music Boosters about this competition, you are not signed up for the newsletter. Use the form in the upper-right to subscribe.)
We’ll need a little help:
- Parents needed to:
- Get 8 bags of ice. (Keep the receipt and we’ll reimburse you.)
- Help ice down water, get cooler out of our storage, load up water.
- Get cases of water from our storage unit at school.
- Locate first-aid kit.
- Large cooler.
- Towels for MM members.
- Large rolling cart.
- 4-5 parents needed to load the equipment on the truck at Sunday at the school before the band leaves.
- 4-5 parents needed to help unload equipment at St. Rita’s High School (arrive early to meet our truck).
- 4-5 parents needed at night when we return to unload truck and put everything away back at RMHS.
Volunteers Needed for St. Rita’s Competition
The Marching Mustangs competed today in the Wheeling Marching Band Competition. As always, they showed great professionalism and had a lot of fun.
Congratulations to the Marching Mustangs for bringing back (class AA) awards for …
Outstanding Auxiliary (Flags/Color Guard)
This is the official scores page.
If you couldn’t make it or you want to relive the experience, you can see video and pictures. If anyone has any they’d like to add, please contact me.
With our first Marching competition this weekend, we’ll need a little help this Saturday, September 25 for the Wheeling Marching Band Competition.
- Parents needed to help ice down water, get cooler out of our storage, load up water. Checklist includes:
- Get cases of water from our storage unit at school
- Locate first-aid kit
- Large cooler
- Towels for MM members
- Large rolling cart
- 4-5 parents needed to load the equipment on the truck at 5:00pm Saturday.
- 4-5 parents needed to help unload equipment at Wheeling High School at 6:00pm (should arrive early to meet our truck).
- 4-5 parents needed at 10:45pm-11:00pm to unload truck and put everything away back at RMHS.
Volunteers Needed for Wheeling Competition
Butter Braid, our first fundraiser of the year, kicked off at the Band Picnic and and ends Friday, September 17.
Pick-up will be on Monday, September 27, in the back cafeteria from 5:30pm until 6:30pm. Remember, you have to pick them up on this day as we have no way to store them. If you have any questions please contact Sara Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-392-9448.
Here is your chance to purchase Holiday gift cards for that special someone and help a student earn money for their band account.
Please fill out the attached order form, include a payment (checks made out to RMHS Music Boosters), and return to Mr. Buti by Friday, October 29.
Gift certificate pick-up will be from 5:30-7 pm on Tuesday, November 22 in the Commons in conjunction with the cheesecake pick-up.
Continue reading Manna Gift Certificates Are Back