Hi all RMHS music parents,
This will be my final meeting as the RMHS Music Boosters president. I am stepping down after seven years of service to the Boosters, making way for new board members to bring their enthusiasm and refreshing ideas to the committee and staff. I have enjoyed every minute of involvement with all of the parents (including the students). The experience has been tremendous and I can’t thank everyone enough for all of your great support.
Our final meeting will take place on Tuesday, May 3 at 7:00 PM in the Teachers Lounge in the back part of the cafeteria. Since this is the final meeting of the year I am asking everyone who is involved in any early event in the late part of summer or fundraising event at the beginning of the fall 2011-2012 school year to attend this meeting. This is our last opportunity to all get together and to make sure we are all set and ready to hit the ground running in the fall. If you need help with any of these events, want to help or have questions I encourage you to attend. Next year is a trip year and we have to help the kids raise as much money as possible to offset costs.
Those who should attend include the following:
- Garage Sale fundraiser chair & shadow
- Butter Braid fundraiser chair & shadow
- Yankee candle fall promotion(?) chair & shadow
- Manna Gift card fundraiser chair & shadow
- Cheesecake fundraiser chair & shadow
- Otis Spunkmeyer cookie chair & shadow (Football games in the fall)
- Family Marching band camp Picnic & Lunch chair & shadow
We will also be voting on NEW board members and are asking any and all parents interested in submitting their name to be nominated and included on the ballot to attend. We will vote at this meeting. According to our bylaws we must open this opportunity to everyone. So if you are interested in running for a position you must be at this meeting to submit your name to be included in the voting process. If you want your name to appear on the ballot, please e-mail me your name and what position you would like to fill NO LATER THAN Sunday May 1. Late entries can be added but will have to be handwritten in on the ballot the night of voting. Please send your name to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To date these are our candidates:
|Recording Secretary||Bruce Allgire|
Important reminder: All parent chaperones must be fingerprinted and approved by the school district prior to riding on a bus with students.
Memorial Day Ceremony (Monday, May 30)
- We need two volunteers to get ice and to help stock the cooler and load it in to our truck by 9:30 AM. (It does get heavy.)
- This is a very short parade but we need, at most, four volunteers to help chaperone and walk the short parade route, distribute water/pass out towels to the students.
- One volunteer to order doughnuts at Spunky Dunkers in Palatine, pick them up, and deliver them to the school the morning of the Memorial Day Ceremony.
- One volunteer to pick up granola bars and juice and drop off at school the morning of the parade.
- Two volunteers to help set up, serve, and clean up after the students and staff on the morning of the parade (approximately 8-10 AM).
4th of July Parades (Monday, July 4)
10:00 AM: Arlington Heights
11:30 AM: Rolling Meadows
- We will need eight water-walkers for each parade. You can walk both if you want, but we MUST have water-walkers distribute water and pass out towels to the students.
- We need three volunteers to get ice and to help stock the cooler and load it into our truck. (It does get heavy.)
- One volunteer to order doughnuts at Spunky Dunkers in Palatine, pick them up, and deliver them to the school at 8 AM the morning of the parades.
- One volunteer to pick up granola bars and juice and drop off at school at 8 AM the morning of the parades.
- Two volunteers to help set up, serve, and clean up after the students and staff on the morning of the parades (approximately 8–10 AM).
Attend the May meeting to sign up. We’ll also send out a volunteer e-mail after the meeting to fill any volunteer positions still open for the parades.
Thank you in advance for all of your help throughout the year, and I look forward to seeing everyone at the meeting in May.
Ken Soens, President, RMHS Music Boosters