We’re on to St. Rita’s in Chicago on Sunday, October 3rd this coming weekend for our second competition where the Marching Mustangs are looking to capture their second title of the season.
St. Rita’s Marching Mustangs Schedule
St. Rita’s Competition Schedule
(If you did not receive an e-mail on Monday from the Music Boosters about this competition, you are not signed up for the newsletter. Use the form in the upper-right to subscribe.)
We’ll need a little help:
- Parents needed to:
- Get 8 bags of ice. (Keep the receipt and we’ll reimburse you.)
- Help ice down water, get cooler out of our storage, load up water.
- Get cases of water from our storage unit at school.
- Locate first-aid kit.
- Large cooler.
- Towels for MM members.
- Large rolling cart.
- 4-5 parents needed to load the equipment on the truck at Sunday at the school before the band leaves.
- 4-5 parents needed to help unload equipment at St. Rita’s High School (arrive early to meet our truck).
- 4-5 parents needed at night when we return to unload truck and put everything away back at RMHS.
Volunteers Needed for St. Rita’s Competition
With our first Marching competition this weekend, we’ll need a little help this Saturday, September 25 for the Wheeling Marching Band Competition.
- Parents needed to help ice down water, get cooler out of our storage, load up water. Checklist includes:
- Get cases of water from our storage unit at school
- Locate first-aid kit
- Large cooler
- Towels for MM members
- Large rolling cart
- 4-5 parents needed to load the equipment on the truck at 5:00pm Saturday.
- 4-5 parents needed to help unload equipment at Wheeling High School at 6:00pm (should arrive early to meet our truck).
- 4-5 parents needed at 10:45pm-11:00pm to unload truck and put everything away back at RMHS.
Volunteers Needed for Wheeling Competition
Butter Braid, our first fundraiser of the year, kicked off at the Band Picnic and and ends Friday, September 17.
Pick-up will be on Monday, September 27, in the back cafeteria from 5:30pm until 6:30pm. Remember, you have to pick them up on this day as we have no way to store them. If you have any questions please contact Sara Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-392-9448.
Here is your chance to purchase Holiday gift cards for that special someone and help a student earn money for their band account.
Please fill out the attached order form, include a payment (checks made out to RMHS Music Boosters), and return to Mr. Buti by Friday, October 29.
Gift certificate pick-up will be from 5:30-7 pm on Tuesday, November 22 in the Commons in conjunction with the cheesecake pick-up.
Continue reading Manna Gift Certificates Are Back
At the last Music Boosters meeting, we decided to change the domain name to better reflect what we do. Our new domain name is rmhsmusicboosters.com. The old domain will be active for at least another year, so you don’t need to print new business cards and buy new bumper stickers just yet. (I’ve already updated the Google calendar, so if you added our calendar to yours, you’ll have to do it again.)
Update: @rmhsmusicboosters.com e-mail addresses are now active.
Soon, we’ll also add a Director’s page to be updated by Mr. Buti and an Orchestra page to be updated by Mr. Stewart.
Hi RMHS Music Parents,
Welcome! It’s hard to believe that Summer has come and gone already which means the Music Boosters are gearing up for another exciting school year of music.
This is my sixth year that I’ve been involved with the Music Boosters and my second term as President. I am very fortunate again to have a tremendous Executive Committee where all positions are filled on a volunteer basis. Some are returning members and others are new parents who have stepped up to help out. I can’t do it all on my own and it takes many people to help run a great organization like the RMHS Music Boosters.
Continue reading Welcome Back!
The Butter Braid brochure and order form for 2010 are now available for download. Good luck with your sales!
Update: The order form is now also
available as a PDF, which is easier to print so it fits the page.
Butter Braid brochure Butter Braid order form for 2010