Just a quick note of “Thanks” to all of the wonderful parent volunteers who helped at the Marching competitions at Wheeling High School and at St. Rita’s. What a great group of parents! It really makes the day operate so smoothly when you have help throughout the day. Whether you chaperoned on a bus or loaded and unloaded equipment for the band, we certainly appreciate your time and effort. Our next and final competition is on Sunday October 17th at Sandwich High School in Sandwich, Illinois. An e-mail will come out soon asking for help again.
Remember to turn in your order forms and payments (checks made out to RMHS Music Boosters) to Mr. Buti by Friday, October 29.
Gift certificate and cheesecake pick-up will be from 5:30-7 pm on Tuesday, November 22 in the Commons.
We’re on to St. Rita’s in Chicago on Sunday, October 3rd this coming weekend for our second competition where the Marching Mustangs are looking to capture their second title of the season.
St. Rita’s Marching Mustangs Schedule
St. Rita’s Competition Schedule
(If you did not receive an e-mail on Monday from the Music Boosters about this competition, you are not signed up for the newsletter. Use the form in the upper-right to subscribe.)
We’ll need a little help:
- Parents needed to:
- Get 8 bags of ice. (Keep the receipt and we’ll reimburse you.)
- Help ice down water, get cooler out of our storage, load up water.
- Get cases of water from our storage unit at school.
- Locate first-aid kit.
- Large cooler.
- Towels for MM members.
- Large rolling cart.
- 4-5 parents needed to load the equipment on the truck at Sunday at the school before the band leaves.
- 4-5 parents needed to help unload equipment at St. Rita’s High School (arrive early to meet our truck).
- 4-5 parents needed at night when we return to unload truck and put everything away back at RMHS.
With our first Marching competition this weekend, we’ll need a little help this Saturday, September 25 for the Wheeling Marching Band Competition.
- Parents needed to help ice down water, get cooler out of our storage, load up water. Checklist includes:
- Get cases of water from our storage unit at school
- Locate first-aid kit
- Large cooler
- Towels for MM members
- Large rolling cart
- 4-5 parents needed to load the equipment on the truck at 5:00pm Saturday.
- 4-5 parents needed to help unload equipment at Wheeling High School at 6:00pm (should arrive early to meet our truck).
- 4-5 parents needed at 10:45pm-11:00pm to unload truck and put everything away back at RMHS.
Butter Braid, our first fundraiser of the year, kicked off at the Band Picnic and and ends Friday, September 17.
Pick-up will be on Monday, September 27, in the back cafeteria from 5:30pm until 6:30pm. Remember, you have to pick them up on this day as we have no way to store them. If you have any questions please contact Sara Zimmerman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-392-9448.
Here is your chance to purchase Holiday gift cards for that special someone and help a student earn money for their band account.
Please fill out the attached order form, include a payment (checks made out to RMHS Music Boosters), and return to Mr. Buti by Friday, October 29.
Gift certificate pick-up will be from 5:30-7 pm on Tuesday, November 22 in the Commons in conjunction with the cheesecake pick-up.
At the last Music Boosters meeting, we decided to change the domain name to better reflect what we do. Our new domain name is rmhsmusicboosters.com. The old domain will be active for at least another year, so you don’t need to print new business cards and buy new bumper stickers just yet. (I’ve already updated the Google calendar, so if you added our calendar to yours, you’ll have to do it again.)
Update: @rmhsmusicboosters.com e-mail addresses are now active.
Soon, we’ll also add a Director’s page to be updated by Mr. Buti and an Orchestra page to be updated by Mr. Stewart.