From Mr. Buti:
Dear Marching Mustangs,
Just a reminder that we start EARLY SUMMER MUSIC CAMP on Tuesday, June 26th with the FULL MARCHING MUSTANGS! This will be a great chance for us to introduce the 2012-2013 season. You will have the opportunity to meet staff, section leaders, and new members. We will also go over much of the traditional music, cadences, and routines. One of the immediate goals is to put together a strong performance for the 4th of July parades!
Here are a few suggestions to help make the camp and the 4th-of-July performances go well:
- Practice the music/routine to “Salute to America” (and cadences for percussion) on your own. You can use the practice cds provided at home. Wind players will be able to use SmartMusic as well.
- Make sure to bring your music/routines and a pencil to camp every night.
- Make sure to stay hydrated. Bring a water bottle or Thermos for more water breaks.
- Returning wind players are always welcome to come help out with Wednesday and Thursday with the new wind members. Having experienced examples and encouragement is always helpful.
- If you haven’t already, you should join the Marching Mustangs Facebook page to stay up-to-date with schedules, pictures, videos, humor, etc.
- Be willing to work hard with your section members, the section leaders, drum majors, and staff!
- Be willing to make new friends and have fun!
|Early Summer Music Camp|
|Tuesday June 26||6:30-9:00 PM||Full Marching Mustangs|
|Wednesday, June 27||6:30-9:00 PM||MM freshman, drum line, and color guard only|
|Thursday, June 28||6:30-9:00 PM||MM freshman, drum line, and color guard only|
|Monday, July 2||6:30-9:00 PM||Full Marching Mustangs|
|Tuesday, July 3||6:30-9:00 PM||Full Marching Mustangs|
|Wednesday, July 4||10:00 AM||4th of July Parade — Arlington Heights|
|11:30 AM||4th of July Parade — Rolling Meadows|
|Annual Marching Band Camp (tentative dates)|
|Fittings for Marching Band uniforms, as well as for Concert/Symphonic uniforms, and Marching Band Yearbook pictures will all be taken care of during this camp session.|
|Monday, July 30||12:00 PM-9:00 PM||(dinner provided)|
|Tuesday, July 31||12:00 PM-9:00 PM||(dinner provided)|
|Wednesday, August 1||8:00 AM-5:30 PM|
|Thursday, August 2||8:00 AM-5:30 PM|
|Friday, August 3||8:00 AM-5:30 PM|
|5:30 PM-7:00 PM||picnic and performance for families|
|Tuesday, August 7||6:30-9:00 PM|
|Wednesday, August 8||6:30-9:00 PM|
|Tuesday, August 14||6:30-9:00 PM|
|Wednesday, August 15||6:30-9:00 PM|